Yields: 8 Servings
- 1 ¼ cups 1% low-fat milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 7 slices whole grain oat bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil or coat an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in the bread cubes and chocolate chips and mix well. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to make sure all the bread is covered with the egg mixture.
- Arrange the mixture evenly in the prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until puffed and set. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
7g fat (3g saturated)