- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbs thinly sliced scallion
- 2 Tbs thinly sliced zucchini or asparagus
- 1 Tbs sliced red or green pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs grated reduced-fat mozzarella or cheddar
1. Coat skillet with olive oil. Add vegetables, salt, and pepper, and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Crack eggs directly into skillet. Using a fork or whisk, scramble into the vegetables.
3. Sprinkle on cheese and cook about 11⁄2 minutes, or until eggs are cooked and cheese has melted. Serve with toast, bagels, or English muffins.
Yields: 2 servings
Nutritional Information per serving:
8 g fat (4 g saturated)
232 mg sodium
221 mg cholesterol