Total Time: 45 minutes
- 2/3 cup fine dry breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 pounds total), skin removed, trimmed
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt, preferably Greek-style
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Coat a wire rack with cooking spray and set it on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix breadcrumbs, paprika, onion powder and salt in a shallow dish. Drizzle with oil and mash with a fork until the oil is thoroughly incorporated. Lightly beat egg with a fork in another shallow dish. Dip the drumsticks into the egg, then press into the breading mixture until evenly coated on both sides. (Discard any remaining mixture and/or egg.) Place the chicken on the prepared rack.
- Bake the chicken until golden and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a drumstick without touching bone registers 165°F, 25 to 30 minutes.
- To prepare sauce: Combine yogurt, mustard, honey and pepper in a small bowl. Serve the sauce with the drumsticks.
Nutrition Information Per serving:
11 g fat ( 2 g sat , 5 g mono )
131 mg cholesterol
20 g carbohydrates
9 g added sugars
29 g protein
2 g fiber
510 mg sodium
345 mg potassium