- 1 1/2 cups (c.) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 onion, very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (tbsp) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (tsp) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (tsp) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1 /2 pounds (lbs) ground turkey meat
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 buns, warmed
- Lettuce, sliced tomato, sliced red onion, pickle for serving
- Ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, for serving
- Combine breadcrumbs, onion, olive oil, salt, pepper, and ground turkey in a medium bowl. Mix with hands until well-blended.
- Form mixture into four patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Heat a grill pan or griddle over medium-high heat.
- Place patties on grill pan. Cook 3 to 5 minutes per side, until completely cooked through. The juices should run clear when poked with a knife.
- Once patties are flipped, top each with a slice of cheese.
- Transfer burgers to warmed buns. Serve immediately with choice of toppings.
Image courtesy of Food Network.