Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 4 red or green bell peppers
- 2 cups (1 pint) cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup (c.) fresh basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoon (tsp.) olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (tsp.) pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly oil a large shallow baking pan.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Arrange peppers cut sides up in baking pan and lightly oil cut edges of stems.
- Halve cherry tomatoes and chop onion and basil.
- Finely chop garlic.
- In a bowl, toss tomatoes, onion, basil, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon equal portions of mixture into peppers and roast in upper third of oven until peppers are tender, about 20 minutes.
Serving Size: ½ pepper
3/4 cup of fruits and vegetables per serving
Nutrition information per serving
10 calories from fat
2g total fat
0g saturated fat
0g trans fat
7g total carbohydrate
2g dietary fiber