Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
Good for: lunch, snack
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 3 whole wheat pita bread rounds, halved
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 ounce feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small pear
- Brush chicken on both sides with some of the 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. Place chicken in skillet and cook thoroughly on medium-high heat.
- Sauce: In a bowl, use a fork to stir together the feta, mayonnaise, milk, and the 1 teaspoon vinegar. Stir in green onion.
- To assemble, arrange spinach, pear slices, and chicken in pita bread halves. Spoon about 1 tbsp of sauce into each pita.
Serving size: 2 oz of chicken and 1/2 pita with sauce
216 calories, 16 g fat (2 g sat), 293 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrates, 18 g protein, 39 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber
Recipe adapted from Eating Well
Photo courtesy of Eating Well