Prep time: about 10 minutes
- 1 cup (c.) water
- ½ cup (c.) rolled oats
- dash of salt
- ¼ cup (c.) applesauce
- pinch of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons (tsp.) brown sugar
- Pour the water, oats, and salt into a medium-size pot on the stove.
- Heat the mixture on high until it boils, then turn the heat to low.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the applesauce and cinnamon.
- Cook on low heat and continue to stir the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Pour the oatmeal into a bowl and sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Allow the oatmeal to cool for a minute before digging in.
Serving size: 1 bowl
Nutritional information per serving:
13 g protein
6 g fat
74 g carbohydrate
9 g fiber
0 mg cholesterol
302 mg sodium
64 mg calcium
4.3 mg iron