- 2 cups (c.) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups (c.) broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons (tbsp.) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons (tsp.) fresh parsley, chopped
- Steam broccoli and cauliflower until tender (about 10 minutes).
- In a small saucepan, mix the lemon juice, oil, and garlic, and cook over low heat for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Put the vegetables into a serving dish.
- Pour the lemon sauce over the vegetables.
- Garnish with parsley.
Serving size: ½ cup
Nutritional Information per serving:
2 g total fat
less than 1 g saturated fat
0 g cholesterol
7 mg sodium
10 mg calcium
less than 1 mg iron
1 g fiber
1 g protein
2 g carbohydrate
49 mg potassium
Image courtesy of Alisa Cooks.